by Jyll Renee
OREGON GRAPE ROOT
Botanical name: Berberis aquifoluim
Common name: Oregon grape
Habitat: Oregon grape is an evergreen bush that grows throughout the northwest; however is the Oregon state flower as well. The root is used medicinally.
Info: The yellow rhizome is used as a gentle hepatic – biliary stimulant. By enhancing the flow of bile through the liver and gallbladder, the entire function of the liver is improved. Thus the blood is purified of toxins. For this reason the root is used for liver problems, chronic candidasis, diarrhea, skin disease, infection, parasites, and urinary tract infections.
Personal: Oregon Grape is one of my favorite herbs. I carry it in an herbal first aid kit in my car. We make a tincture at our home that we use for diarrhea, vomiting, infections, constipation, and indigestion. It is a wonderful anti-bacterial for strep throat plus great for salmonella and staph infections.
Drug interactions: Doxycycline, Tetracycline, Antibiotics, Berberine might affect the absorption of the antibiotic
www.naturalmedicine.com Prock, Deborahe ND
The Way of Herbs, Michael Tierra, L.Ae, O.M.D. pf 173-174
- Health Improvement: Use Sound Therapy to Improve Your Health
- Herbal Remedy Cures eBook
- Marharishi Ayurveda: Herbal Remedies and Supplements Produced Through Vedic Tradition and Knowledge
- Standardized Herbs: Nature’s Sunshine Utilizes over 600 Tests to Guarantee the Quality of Herbs, Supplements, Essential Oils and Other Natural Health Care Products!
- Self Sufficient Life Website
- Super Antioxidant Juice MonaVie for a daily dose of Acai – the highest rated antioxidant currently known on the planet!
- Ultimate Guide to Vitamins and Minerals Book Info