Welcome to our FREE Online Herbal Materia Medica!
“Materia Medica” is a term for the body of collected knowledge about the therapeutic properties of any substance used for healing.
Our contributors have invested vast amounts of time and energy working with the herbs and remedies listed in this Materia Medica, and are honored to have the opportunity to share it here with you.
We can also show you:
- How to Dry and Store Herbs
- How to Make Herbal Blends
- How to Make Herbal Syrups
- How to Make Herbal Lozenges
- How to Make Your Own Tinctures in Eight Easy Steps
- How to Make Herbal Tinctures From Any Loose Herb
- Commonly Used Herbology Terms and Definitions
- Herbal Tonic Quick List
Herbs that grow in an area take on the characteristics of their environment and are particularly useful for the treatment of those ailments associated with the climate and other conditions of the area. In any region, there are perhaps a dozen important herbs that can be used to treat most illnesses encountered there.
Wishing you and abundance of health and happiness!
- Ortho’s All About Herbs by Maggie Oster
- Rosemary Gladstar’s Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health by Rosemary Gladstar
- Secrets of the Chinese Herbalists by Richard Lucas
- Sunset Herbs: An Illustrated Guide by The Editors of Sunset Magazine
- The Herbal Drugstore by Linda B. White, M.D.
- The Natural Physicians’s Healing Therapies: Proven Remedies Medical Doctors Don’t Know by Mark Stengler, ND
- The Scientific Validation of Herbal Medicine by Daniel B. Mowrey, Ph.D.
- The Way of Herbs by Michael Tierra, L.Ac., O.M.D.
Latest posts by Becki Baumgartner (see all)
- Reiki 1 Class – Nashville TN – Sunday 10/1/17 - August 31, 2017
- Congratulations Certified Reiki 2 Practitioners Class of 8/6/17! - August 23, 2017
- Reiki 1 Certification Class – Usui Shiki Ryoho – Nashville, TN 8/12 – 4 LMT CEUs - July 16, 2017